Monday, February 12, 2018

A Very Special Mixmas Special Mix - BrisYee (2018 Full Album MP3 Download)




  1. Hey, what? Is this a standup comedy album? I hate standup comedy. I don’t even have a good reason for hating it, I just do. I didn’t really like Master of None either but it had Eric Wareheim so even though Aziz is kind of whiny it was almost worth it. Now I’m trying to figure out what made this track stand out compared to any of the others. OHHHHH…THE GRAPEFRUIT. Now I get it.
  2. Now we’re into my party jams. PARRRRTY JAMZZZ. You know it’s a party because she’s singing about booze. That’s how you knew Lorde was old enough to drink on her album last year. Is that a synthetic steel drum? I guess if you’re throwing up from all the sugar from your exclusive diet of screwdrivers you probably don’t want to be handling real drumsticks. Do people regularly mix higher-end vodka with orange juice? Grey Goose is gross, but if you liked it and paid for it it seems like a waste to drown it in OJ.
  3. This sounds like Caribou after he wakes up. I like it so far! Plus, he’s singing about Coca-Cola and so far there’s no rum in it. Bum-bum-boh, bum-bum-boh! I am extremely satisfied with this song but I’m not following what’s happening with the soda mystery.
  4. This guy sang for some new wave band, right? I don’t know how he couldn’t have. I’ll just assume this is a Depeche Mode remix. If it’s not, the voice is a little bit of a put on. I feel like if I broke his heart and crushed his dreams and all the other things he’s challenging me to do he might feel differently about his soul. I like the confidence but I don’t trust in his fortitude. I’ll take that soul if I want to take that soul.
  5. CHIPMUNK ROBOTS! I love chipmunks and I love robots so there’s no way this song can fail me. Oh no…a big ol’ “LIKE THAT” man just took over and messed with the flow. I didn’t like him until he started playing Pong with the chipmunk robot and then I was OK with him. I’m 90% sure this song isn’t by Eric Wareheim or one of his friends but it should be, and he should do the video. It’s basically a Major Lazer or DJ Douggpound song.
  6. This is ominous and WOW she’s really getting right to business. She called me the “B” word and I didn’t even do anything to her. I don’t know that I’ve ever been angry enough to relate to a song like this. What the heck is she saying about a horse? I’m having a hard time following but I feel like not all of this rant is as focused as it was at the start.  So angry.
  7. I shouldn’t have started thinking about Tim & Eric…now all the songs sound like comedy bits. It doesn’t help that the vocals sound like Terry Crews. Maybe they’re supposed to be. Is he shouting “I got that work!” over the sirens so his co-worker can hear him? And now they’re working! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! This is my new favorite song. I’m teaching it to the baby this weekend. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

  1. We’re in a saloon! That there cowboy just asked me “what up?” Three time signature changes in the first minute…not a great sign. What is this song doing? CHOOSE A SIDE! Buuuuut…it has a wacky fake phone conversation and isn’t angrily telling me about blood and money so it’s not all bad. “Little baby man”? Did I hear that right?
  2. This is the slowest of my JAMZZZZZZZ so far. I don’t know why I keep doing that but I’m all in now so I might as well run with it. The second vocalist on the mix that I don’t care for. He talked about blue flowers though…maybe he knows Kool Keith. So many mid-song shifts though and now it’s not a slow JAMMMZZZ. One of the sub-songs is definitely stolen from “Ms. Jackson”. The rest are stolen from various rooms in the all-robot fetish club and now I’m drenched in antifreeze and various lubricants. That was kind of exhausting.
  3. I hope this is the Macarena. No vocals yet and I’m grateful after that last song. I’m really enjoying this one so far – nice and trance-y and it feels wide open. I’m not really writing much because I’m enjoying this a lot. Good song. Done.
  4. Oh boy…glad I got a chance to relax with the last song. This one was recorded inside the tank of a tanker truck where we thought it was a good idea to have a rave but then a raccoon closed the hatch and now we’re trapped in here. We need to bang on the sides to try to alert someone that we’re in here, but we also need to PARTY. PARTY JAMMZZZZZZ. This whole sounds like when I “play” the siren whistle by breathing in and out but played through stadium speakers. I would be OK if I never had to listen to this again.
  5. Oh good…sounds like the truck is driving away. The problem is that we’re inside it. Actually, aside from the awful and grating intro this isn’t too bad. Kind of like if one of the Blue Room Released artists didn’t want you to relax at all.
  6. I’m glad I’m getting breathing instructions for relaxation hypnosis. CONTROL MY MIND, JAMZZZZ. Oh wait…it’s hypnotizing me into relaxing. With squeaky shoes and Slinkies. I think I had this song on a Ras Dva industrial sampler in 1994. Because I’m super old.
  7. OH MAN, HARRY NILSSON! I love Harry Nilsson, although this isn’t my favorite song. I did have a dream of dressing the oldest male offspring in a leather fringe jacket and recording him staring into storefronts back when he was two years old. Nothing funnier than a toddler midnight cowboy.
 Final Rating: Seven sexy robot cowboys out of 10. A few of them needed to tone it down a bit and I could have done without the excursion to the fetish club but overall those were some well-programmed JAMZZZZ BOTZZZZZZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment