Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Skull Eclipses - s/t (Full Album 2018 Download 320 MP3)


Another mystery album.




Yearn Infinite
Well this is not what I thought it would be. From the name and cover art I was pretty sure it would be standard indie rock. So far it’s way more Flying Lotus than anything else, which isn’t a bad thing to be at all.

All Fall
Oh geez…soulful woman repeating the same six words in an echo chamber. One of my bottom five ways to introduce a song. Except the rapper just said “echo chamber”! I wonder why when I look to see who’s singing I get a list of four different artists. I’ve listed the numbers four through six so far in this song.

Angels Don’t Mind
These songs end kind of abruptly. It’s OK background music at least. There’s a high-pitched church choir in the back of this song that I like. The clicking is kind of fun the way it’s pushed into the foreground. This song is Missy Elliot with less character. Also not a bad thing to be. Just not a great thing.

Pillars
Better be about salt and Sodom. “Body movin”? I guess I appreciate all the blatant references to things that somene is a fan of since they’re handled pretty well so far. I’m not getting any Sodom from this song though…it’s getting awfully political. This is not the most interesting rapping I’ve heard this month. This song is the most atonal of the four I’ve heard so far and the female vocal interludes are a little annoying. Also, did I mention no Sodom?

Take My
What happened to noname? She was awesome. Oh…she hasn’t done anything new. This song is more listenable than the last one but feels like filler. The female vocalist is my favorite so far, but she’s no noname. This album is sure inspiring me to say that’s it not things a lot.

Encyclopedia
Things are getting pretty bland by this point. I’d kill for any variety whatsoever.

//

I don’t remember what was happening in this song. It’s still atonal. Lost in the city, bruh.

Gone
The difference between this song and the last one is called flute. Is that Andre 3000? I know it’s not but it’s a pretty similar style. At least it got the song out of its rut. “Is my dick-bone connected to my heart bone” got me to laugh.

Gun Glitters
I don’t want to hear about anyone’s momma, but I like this so far. Raspy voice and rambling chimes, DJ Shadow drums in the background. I also like glitter and sunshine. Good thing for me they’re going to repeat those words over and over and over. Golden ratio, D. B. Cooper…really dropping some references there. Bottle rocket…gotta catch ‘em all! Sure I like a lot of the nouns he’s rattling off but without context I just feel like I’m reading Ready Player One. NOSTALGIA FLOOD. The song is fine though – not like I’m listening to this for the lyrics at this point.

Pushing Up The Hills
Ooh…this is like the slightly better version of the last song. Sisyphus? Phil Spector? I’m in. The drums are fuzzier and the gloss is glossier. This song eliminates the need for the previous song. He’s not talking about his momma at all either.

Yearn Infinite II
Filler. 90 seconds of ambient filler. I guess I’m glad it wasn’t packed into the last track.

Spacecrafts in Rajasthan
Here we go. Epic space opera. Come on, I’m ready. Um…darn. More random noun assault. Grace Kelly! Looking glass! Things! Stuff! The Big Lebowski! Jodorowsky! It just goes on and on. No melody, only nouns. Two minutes in it really hits its groove. I like the song overall.

Final rating:
Six random nouns out of 10. Despite all my complaining I did actually enjoy this. Just don’t go into it hoping for any kind of meaningful lyrical experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment